There was something about this image that immediately caught my eye. I’ve seen many photographs and images in my life; none of them made me stop in my tracks and give them a thought but for some reason this intrigued me too much to dismiss it like just another image. I think it is one of my most favorite images of all time.
I don’t think many would agree with me on this, after all there is nothing much in the picture. Just an endless ocean and a guy falling into its immensity.
But somehow i found this very interesting, When i first saw it, I kept staring at it for a whole 4 or 5 minutes. It made me think of life.
In a way all of us are like this guy and the ocean represents our life really well. How, you ask?
Just like an ocean, our lives are so vast and wide beyond our imagination. There is a uncertainty to our lives like an ocean.
Ocean is anything but certain. You can never know how deep it is. You can never know what is lurking beneath it. It is immense just like our lives.
We can’t be sure of our future, Just like with ocean we can never know what will come next ; Which wave will crash on to us and push us into the embrace of dark ocean waiting to devour its victims.
And we all are just like that guy, falling , falling , falling into the immensity of our lives without a clue about what our future holds for us. We are clueless.
But we don’t have a choice in this matter. We all one day fall into the immensity and uncertainty of life. From the day we are born till the day we die (even after death we can’t know for sure what’s next ).
Eventually we all learn to swim in the vast and unending ocean of life. Some are better at it, some swim enough just to stay afloat while some lose the battle and sink.
- An Immense Sensibility (studiolightblue.com)
- The Sea Of Humanity (orgasmicangel.wordpress.com)
- Cravings for Nature: The Ocean (theneverendingsky.wordpress.com)
- Immense Goodness (drpatriciasblog.wordpress.com)
- Uncertainty Is Not a Sign of Bad Science, It Means Scientists Are Doing Their Jobs (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (Wing and Water) (points-of-view.com)
- This immense, strong Heart breaking attack (bidish.wordpress.com)